- £30,000 + Excellent Benefits
- Logistic Jobs
- Job Type:
- South East
- Ref #:
- logistics administrator
- Post Date:
- 12-04-2018 02:17 PM
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Logistics Administrator to work with a modern and fast growing international electrical distributer based in their offices in Erith.
If you’ve at least three years experience in the preparation of import and export documentation and organisation of shipments by air, sea and road, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Administrator to manage daily shipping and distribution operations. Responsible for all aspects of the import/export process, ensuring all documentation is prepared in accordance with orders/contracts, country and excise requirements. A successful Logistic Administrator is analytical, well-organized and excels in communication. They must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures.
The goal is to ensure that the shipping processes run smoothly and effectively, at the lowest cost to the company.
The role reports to the Supply Chain Manager. The Logistics Administrator will be required to work closely and effectively with the UK purchasing, planning, warehouse and commercial teams.
- Develop, lead and execute shipping procedures
- Preparation of import and export documentation in accordance with orders/contracts and country requirements. Including Commercial Invoices, Bill of Lading instructions, Insurance Certificates, Collection/Shipping Notes, Certified/Legalised documentation and maintenance of records.
- Despatch of export orders by air/sea/road and receipts of imports.
- Compiling pallet loading instructions, labels and container loading plans for manufacturing/traffic departments.
- Managing freight forwarders, ensuring service levels meet the business’ and Customer expectations.
- Check Letter of Credit against contract requirements.
- Introduce and maintain tools for effective monitoring of performance
- Assess, manage and mitigate commercial risk and reduce delivery failures
- Evaluate suppliers (commercial, delivery, quality) for supply chain improvements
- Preparation and maintenance of logistics reports, including financial data, tariff and duty costs.
- Minimum 3 years’ experiences in the preparation of import and export documentation and organisation of shipments by air, sea and road.
- A competent understanding of export categories and duties.
- Proficient in IT systems including; Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, e-mail, and working experience of Export software, preferably ManSys.
- Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration an advantage
- Experience of SOLAS container weight verification requirements and import C88 data entry is desirable.
- A solid awareness of ERP computer systems
- Self-motivated completer finisher with exemplary attention to detail
- Team player, good negotiator, persuasive and commercially astute;
- Hard working, analytically minded, with a systematic approach to problem solving;
- Fluent English and good understanding of common windows based PC packages.
This fantastic opportunity in a permanent role is paying up to £30k.