Fairs and Events Exhibition Coordinator
Fairs & Exhibition Freight Co-ordinator - An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Multi Modal Forwarder to join the London logistics team of a global logistics provider specialising in events and exhibitions.
In this role you will be coordinating overseas transport and on-site services for global events; includes extensive overseas travel and working within a large team.
The job involves every aspect, sales, quoting, booking shipments, organising the relevant documents, pre-advise of the shipment, following up of shipment with respective agents and much more…
Candidates must have air, ocean and road freight experience, both import and export.
Strong understanding of the documentation required and customs clearance, as you will be involved in project/event & OOG forwarding, shipping cargo worldwide.
You will an energetic and enthusiastic person willing to go that extra mile. Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, meeting deadlines and work under pressure.
Essential experience requirements:
* Multi-modal freight forwarding experience.
* Min 2 years working in a global freight company / 3PL
* Understanding of shipping documentation
* Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
* Ability to work well as part of a busy team
* Flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work away from home for periods of up to 3 weeks at a time, often at short notice.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills
* Team player - adapt to different people and their temperaments.
* Ability to make decisions and confident in your ability to do so
* Proactive and aware of business development opportunities
* Co-ordination of International/European division work in relation to various exhibitions, events, product launches and global tours worldwide.
* On-site representation at exhibitions globally
* Excellent Customer Service
* Accounts including quotations and invoicing
* Budget management and cost control
* European and International travel is part of this role
This is a great opportunity to be part of a global company, the successful candidate will learn to project manage and also get involved with the sales side, developing their skills and knowledge within the freight industry.
SALARY: £27,000 - £31,000 dependent on experience
LOCATION: Central London
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH GLOBAL SHIPING EXPERIENCE SHOULD APPL