EDI & eCommerce Assistant Manager
We have a fantastic vacancy with a leading shipping line based in London for an:
Assistant Manager EDI & eCommerce
To support the EDI & eCommerce Manager, lead the EUA EDI & eCommerce team in London, optimise efficiency and monitoring / management of those processes to ensure a high level of quality and timeliness.
Provide training, mentoring and support the Rotterdam team where required. Role covers all Liner offices and Third-Party Agents (and their customers / Vendors / Authorities) based in Europe and Africa.
Ensure high quality EDI and eCommerce service is provided and if needed occasionally taking the lead on issues escalated to global status. Communicate effectively all relevant information to the EDI & eCommerce manager in Rotterdam.
· Manage / steer / mentor and support the local EDI & eCommerce team
· Create weekly reports to manager regarding the local team
· Prepare agenda items and attend meetings with Global EDI Management team
· Create ad-hoc reports upon request of Management.
EDI Project Coordination
· Leading and/or supporting EUA system development projects according to GBPIT and EUA BPIT’s project methodology and standards
· Performing business benefit analysis and feasibility studies on behalf of the EUA management and end user community.
· Acting as a Business Analyst in managing end user requirements to create effective workable system solutions, in conjunction with the BPIT and CLT Technical analysts.
· Managing user acceptance testing from devising strategy, to creation, execution and monitoring of test scenarios and cases.
· Liaising with Process Management team assessing the impact of system changes on existing systems and business processes.
Process Improvement and Efficiencies
· Proactively monitor and advise on EDI and process efficiencies during both project implementation and daily work duties show a process that needs optimising.
· Providing regular and ad-hoc project status updates to interested parties.
· Delivering solutions that meet user’s requirements within defined timescales, effort and levels of quality.
· Prepare project documentation in support of new developments
· Report on post-implementation business benefits realisation and quality
· Provide end-users with system training as required in conjunction with regional Service Desk
· Administer the website from European perspective: provide support to both internal and external users and coordinate update requirements, date uploads and publication of information.
· Provide end-users with system training as required
· Promote Ecommerce website to both users and customers
· Providing KPI/PIs and reporting to the business so that eCommerce business performance can be consistently measured across Europe for follow-up and to monitor the success of the implementation of our EUA E-Commerce/EDI Strategy.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERTISE
· Strong leadership skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to analyse data and therefore excellent analytical skills and attention to detail are essential
· Experience of working with tight deadlines while still being flexible in approach
· Working knowledge of all business functions.
· Previous experience of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and ecommerce
o Web products; Full software development lifecycle; Liner shipping / agency business experience within the shipping industry.
· Project management experience
· Willingness and flexibility to learn new skills
· An analytical approach to problem solving
· Strong presentation skills
· Ability to work within a team
· Good MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
· Education Level: Bachelor qualification in Business Administration or International Business.
· Experience: 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
· Strong analytical skills.
· End users
· RHQ and Sub RHQ EDI teams
Canary Wharf, Docklands E14
Offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits including:
● Paid annual leave of 25 days per annum in addition to UK bank and public holidays
● Membership of the Company’s Group Personal Pension Plan, into which the Company will contribute the equivalent of 7% of basic salary
● Permanent Health Insurance
● An interest free annual travel season ticket loan
● Medical cover - BUPA
● Taste card
● Medical health check
● Eye Test and glasses
● Childcare vouchers
● Cycle to work
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please contact Mira Homden
Or call the office on 01322 389111
APPLY NOW – for this fab opportunity to investment into your future career development