Ocean Network Express (ONE) is a leading global container shipping company, created from the legacy of the three Japanese line companies now united as ONE, our vision is to take the container shipping business to a new level connecting oceans and continents with our extensive liner network service portfolio across over 100 countries.
We have a global fleet of more than 250 vessels, actively participate in all major global trade lane, run the latest IT systems and have an extensive terminal ownership portfolio. Our global headquarters are in Singapore with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, UK, USA and Brazil.
Our core value include Quality, Reliability, Innovation and Customer Satisfaction built around a business in which we pride ourselves on Teamwork and Best Practice.
To manage our expanding business, we are looking for talented, motivated candidate to join our team as:
Service Desk Analyst
Business Process Information Technology (BPIT) is a corporate function responsible for the provision of business process management, quality management; business services and systems support and the management of system development.
This position is available within the Service Desk section and relates to the business services and systems support.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Registration of service enquiries
- Analysis of service calls to assess root causes
- Development of effective corrective action plans
- Assist in the analysis of secondary level corrective actions
- Assist in analysis and management of data quality, and analysis of call trends
- Communication with system end users at all levels and functional areas
- Tracking to conclusion simple and complex issue resolutions
- Monitoring various aspects of system performance
- Providing support to various enhancement and development projects
- Preparation and delivery of quality end user training for the various in-house systems
- Processing and monitoring pre-load customs submissions, handling resulting customs responses through to successful resolution
- Assist in training new members of the Service Desk
- Supporting the Senior Analysts where necessary
SCOPE OF ROLE
Breadth & Range of Responsibilities
- First line support for OPUS & e-Comm systems. Covers all offices and Third-Party Agents based in Europe and Africa. Occasionally taking the lead on solutions that end up becoming global.
- A general knowledge across most business functions, increasing with experience.
- Effective communication of relevant information to all levels of the business and stakeholders globally.
- Our organisation now relies totally on our systems to perform their day to day business and this role is ensuring that a responsive support is provided to problems when they occur.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERTISE
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An awareness of the shipping industry environment, specifically container liner
- Ability to read and understand business processes and process flows
- Willingness and flexibility to learn new skills
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work within a team
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Worked with Ticket Based Support System
- All functions throughout our European and Africa
- Regional and Global offices – agreeing solutions, escalation and problem resolution
- BPIT – agreeing solutions, escalation and problem resolution
- RHQ and Sub RHQ EDI teams
London RHQ - Canary Wharf, Docklands E14
- May require overseas and domestic travel from time to time.
Offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Annual leave of 25 days per annum in addition to UK bank and public holidays.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please contact Mira Homden
Or call the office on 01322 389111
APPLY NOW – for this fab opportunity to investment into your future career development