Our client, a global container shipping company of more than 250 vessels, actively participate in all major global trade lane, run the latest IT systems and have an extensive terminal ownership portfolio. Their global headquarters are in Singapore with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, UK, USA and Brazil.
To manage the expanding business, we are looking for talented, motivated candidate to join the team as:
Responsible for the vessels safe and efficient Stowage Planning and Special Cargo handling in the European region. Reporting to Manager Cargo & Stowage (Assistant Manager, Cargo & Stowage)
Strategy implementation and optimisation
- Follow operational strategies for own operated vessels based on GHQ policy and General Manager’s directions.
- Ensure the company operates safely, cost efficiently and provides a competitive service.
- Participate in regular performance review meetings with vessel planners and operators.
- Participate in the Alliance discussions as required
Vessel Operations and Marine safety
- Based on policy and directions of GHQ, lead the Stowage Planning team, ensure safety standards are maintained
- Maintain ongoing relationships with Partners, terminals and local Country Organizations to find the best balance between cost efficiency and service quality.
- Responsible to, and acting on behalf of, the Master for the safe and efficient operation of container vessels, including the stowage of dangerous goods and uncontainerised cargo, ensuring compliance with all relevant national, international and company regulations
- Monitor and report operational cost related to stowage planning.
- Liaise with other consortia members with regard to allocations, special cargo etc.
- Participate in regular operations meetings
- Advise other departments on technical matters, i.e. heavy lifts, OOG cargo, damage prevention etc.
- Approve special cargo on vessels.
- Cargo accident/stevedore damage handling
- Operational capacity monitoring
- Protect the Company interest
Cost Control / Management Plan
- Implement measures to reduce costs
- Ensure efficient stowage planning conforming with the GHQ directions
- Support Budget control.
- Monitor KPI´s for internal and external stakeholders.
- General problem solving
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Monitor operational spend on own vessels in EUA region. Costs include: port/canal charges, Suez Canal Tiers tolls, operational re-handling cost, alliance shared cost.
- Reporting to Vessel Planner: n/a
- The role is based in London but does require from time to time overseas travel.
Breadth & Range of Responsibilities
- Coordinate Stowage Planning and Special Cargo approval in EUA RHQ.
- Maintain an effective relationship with regional and local departments, vendors and partners where required
Problems / Challenges Faced
- Minimise the operational cost
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERTISE
- Preferably educated to a minimum of degree level.
- Minimum of one year or stowage planning experience pan Europe.
- Previous sea experience is an advantage
- Strong operational/commercial awareness essential.
- Alliance experience preferred.
- Previous people management experience required with the ability to manage teams and staff locally.
- Ability to forge working relationships both internally and with external stakeholders at all levels
- Analytical and methodical.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and adhere to strict deadlines
- Out of hours working including weekends is required
- Strong and tenacious character required
- Business Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organisation
- Decision Making
- Innovation and Improvement
- Team Work
- The job holder may deal with outside suppliers
- The job holder deals with internal customers such as Trade, Yield & Sales Departments.
- The job holder deals with Regional Offices i.e. National Organisations or Third-Party Agents.
- Members of RHQ teams
- Director Product & Network, General Manager Vessel Operations
- Managers of other departments in London and Rotterdam.
- Country Heads and Operational departments.
London RHQ - Canary Wharf, Docklands E14
Offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits including:
- Paid annual leave of 25 days per annum in addition to UK bank and public holidays
- Membership of the Company’s Group Personal Pension Plan, into which the Company will contribute the equivalent of 7% of basic salary
- Permanent Health Insurance
- An interest free annual travel season ticket loan
- Medical cover - BUPA
- Taste card
- Medical health check
- Eye Test and glasses
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please contact Mira Homden
Or call the office on 01322 389111
APPLY NOW – for this fab opportunity to investment into your future career development.