Our client, specialising in Ocean Transportation is currently looking to expand their Finance Accounts department within their European headquarters, based in the heart of the city. This senior position as Accountant Deputy Manager, is looking to take on a motivated and dynamic individual with experience in the one of the following: shipping, port operations, maritime, LNG, dry bulk, Ro-Ro or tanker vessels industry.
Deputy Accounts Manager
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent qualification - fully/part qualified
- Bachelors qualification within Accounting & Finance
- 6-8 years relevant experience
- Offering a salary of up to £45,000 pa (subject to experience) + plus excellent company benefits
- 22 days per year + bank holidays
- Lunch allowance
- Pension scheme
- Income protection in long-term or permanent sickness
- Private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
This opportunity is an initial 6 month FTC - thereafter reviewed to permanent, subject to performance.
Assist Manager to manage and oversee accounting department daily operations:
- Coordinate and review the work plan for assigned accounting functions and activities
- Prepare monthly management report and variance analysis
- Support annual audit by providing information and answers to auditor
- Assist in implementing goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Identify opportunities for improving process, method and procedures, identify resource needs, review with Manager/FD and implement improvement
- Communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and coaching, advising, developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and objectives.
- Reporting to the Financial Director and supporting the General Finance Manager
Have you got 5 of these essential requirements?
- Worked for a shipping or vessel operator?
- Managed, mentored or supervised team up to 5 staff?
- Exposure to a corporate environment dealing with strict and pressurised deadlines?
- Dealt with International or intercompany accounts within the EMEA remit?
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please contact Mira Homden
APPLY NOW - for this fab opportunity to investment into your future career development.