Ocean Network Express (ONE) is a leading global container shipping company, created from the legacy of the three Japanese line companies now united as ONE, our vision is to take the container shipping business to a new level connecting oceans and continents with our extensive liner network service portfolio across over 100 countries.
To manage our expanding business, we are looking for talented, motivated candidate to join our team as:
General Affairs and Health & Safety Coordinator
Responsible for the smooth running of a corporate office located in Canary Wharf, with regard to Facilities and provide support to the General Manager on general affairs relating to Ocean Network Express in EUA region. Act as the H&S competent person for RHQ London.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERTISE
Office administration experience in a Facilities and/or H&Srole
Practical experience of carrying out DSEsassessments
Qualification in Health andSafety
Previous experience as a FireWarden
Good level of competence using Microsoft Office products i.e. Excel,Word
Experience of databases and purchasingsystems
Strong communication skills, both written andoral
LOCATION - London RHQ - Canary Wharf, Docklands E14
SALARY/BENEFITS - Offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits including:
Paid annual leave of 25 days per annum in addition to UK bank and public holidays
Membership of the Company’s Group Personal Pension Plan
Permanent Health Insurance
An interest free annual travel season ticket loan
Medical health check
Eye Test and glasses
Cycle to work
JOB ROLE - Further details of key responsibilities:
- Act as a point of contact for all employees’ queries related to FacilitiesManagement
- Report any problems/maintenance issues to the building Helpdesk in a timely manner and ensure that they are followedup.
- Ensure that employees are kept up-to-date of progress and escalate any on-going or major problems to LineManager.
- Assist in reviewing/negotiating supplier contracts to include - maintenance, cleaning, mobile phones, catering,etc.
- Order business cards and pre-printed companystationery.
- Compile manage all requisitions via relevant financesystem.
- Responsible for regular updating of office contractadministration.
- Ensure new starters have the necessary equipment on day 1 to include desk, chair, pedestals, key (plus spare in admin)etc.
- Responsible for Winpax door access security system, creating and issuance of staff/visitor and contractors passes
- Arrange security access for contractors and loading bay access whenrequired.
- Check invoices for area of responsibility in accordance with agreed authorisation policy/procedures.
- Ensure contractors have registered on ATW system, check and authorise any ATW timely.
- Escalate any on-going or major problems to line manager and ensure that employees are kept up-to-date ofprogress.
2. Health andSafety:
Act as ONE RHQ Health & Safety Competent person, duties toinclude:
- Creation of ONE’s H&S policy in line with ONE’s appointed consultants’recommendations
- Conducting DSE Risk Assessments for new/existingemployees
- Periodic H&S office checks (inc, but not limited to, Fire extinguishers/breakglass)
- Provide H&S induction for newemployees
- Regularly update notices & information on notice boards and internalsystems
- Working with Line Managers & HR on any office H&Sissues
- To conduct office related risk assessments and work with the relevant departments to ensure any necessary actions are followed through tocompletion
- Ensure adequate First aiders are in place, arrange any necessary training and that certificates are Up to Date
- Responsible for Fire Safety and Emergency evacuation
- Work in conjunction with building management to ensure all correct Fire Safety policies and processes are in place and kept up to date
- Ensure Fire Marshal training for all wardens is recorded and kept up to date and the ensure all fire regulation
- Keep accurate records for fire safety e.g. drills,wardens
- Provide support to the General Affairs Manager and team members on GA issues including:
o EUA GA policies and procedures
o Management of company car leases and update of insurance recordset,
o Corporate credit card applications/lost credit cardset
o Disaster recovery planning andmanagement
- Provide Monthly report to Line Manager
- Assist with day-to-day duties and ad hoc projects as and when requested
APPLY NOW - for this fab opportunity to investment into your future career development