Our client, a global container shipping company of more than 250 vessels, actively participate in all major global trade lane, run the latest IT systems and have an extensive terminal ownership portfolio.
Recruiting for a talented, motivated candidate to join the team as:
Responsible for the vessels safe and efficient Stowage Planning and Special Cargo handling in the European region.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERTISE
- Preferably educated to a minimum of degree level.
- Stowage planning experience pan Europe.
- Previous sea experience is an advantage
- Strong operational/commercial awareness essential.
- Previous people management experience required to manage teams and staff locally.
- Ability to forge working relationships
- Analytical and methodical.
- Strong and tenacious character required
Strategy implementation and optimisation
- Follow operational strategies for own operated vessels based on GHQ policy
- Ensure the company operates safely, cost efficiently and provides a competitive service.
- Participate in regular performance review meetings with vessel planners and operators.
- Participate in the Alliance discussions as required
Vessel Operations and Marine safety
- Based on policy and directions of GHQ, lead the Stowage Planning team, ensure safety standards are maintained
- Maintain ongoing relationships with Partners, terminals and local Country Organizations to find the best balance between cost efficiency and service quality.
- Responsible to, and acting on behalf of, the Master for the safe and efficient operation of container vessels, including the stowage of dangerous goods and uncontainerised cargo, ensuring compliance with all relevant national, international and company regulations
- Monitor and report operational cost related to stowage planning.
- Liaise with other consortia members with regard to allocations, special cargo etc.
- Advise other departments on technical matters, i.e. heavy lifts, OOG cargo, damage prevention etc.
- Approve special cargo on vessels.
- Cargo accident/stevedore damage handling
- Operational capacity monitoring
Cost Control / Management Plan
- Implement measures to reduce costs, support budget control and monitor KPI’s
- Ensure efficient stowage planning conforming with the GHQ directions
- Monitor operational spend on own vessels in EUA region. Costs include: port/canal charges, Suez Canal Tiers tolls, operational re-handling cost, and alliance shared cost.
- The role is based in Docklands, London but does require from time to time overseas travel.
- Out of hours working including weekends is required
Offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits including 25 days holiday and many more…
APPLY NOW – for this fab opportunity to investment into your future career development.